Microsoft claims Windows 8 is the first version of Windows to require less resources that its predecessor. The preliminary system requirements look promising.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster (Intel or ARM).
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit).
- Hard drive space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit).
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher.
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps in the Metro interface, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
Most interesting is you must have a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 to run apps from the Windows Store. Those of you holding out at 800 x 600, it is time to buy a new monitor.
Windows 8 screenshot :